Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthday Blooms


Good morning and thanks for stopping by to see what I have in store for you today. This week's challenge at Creative Card Crew is to make a birthday card. Easy peasy, right? We always need a supply of birthday cards in our stash. A couple of weeks ago while cruising the challenge blogs looking for challenges to enter, I came across a wonderful new digital artist, Isabella of Isabella's Sketchbook. Her style immediately appealed to me and I have used several of her images recently. This is another one of hers. I think it is so totally cool. I love the flower pots with the wrought iron in front of them. The image was a real challenge to color because it is so small; lots of tiny, tight spaces to get your marker or paint brush into (but of course, you could print a larger version that would be easier to color). But it came out great and I had a lot of fun with it. As soon as I saw the image in Isabella's store, I envisioned it in this Mary Engelbreit style and I think it looks great done up like this. I am entering this card into Isabella's weekly challenge. This week's challenge required a circle somewhere on the card. Hence the circle sentiment. It looked a sort of bare so I did a little playing with the digital image. I cropped out one of the daffodils and carefully erased all the wrought iron from it in PSE7. Then I colored it and made it less opaque in PSE7 to create a faded, watermark type of effect.

Details: All the DP is digital, printed on my home computer. The yellow is from Designer Digitals and I don't remember where the gingham is from. I just keep using it and changing the color to match whatever project I am working on. The sentiments were all done on my computer. The image is colored with Copics and I used a Spellbinders tag die for the red Happy Birthday panel.

The Stamping Boutique is sponsoring the Creative Card Crew challenge this fortnight. They are giving an awesome prize - 5 digital images of the winner's choice. Be sure to stop by and check out their darling images. I have used several of them on projects and they are just so cute!

I'm so glad you took the time to visit me today. The other design team members at the Creative Card Crew have some great birthday samples for your inpiration. Be sure to check them out! I hope to see you playing along with us this week!

Blessings,

Challenges entered:
Isabella's Sketchbook - Use one of Isabella's Sketchbook digis, floral theme, round object somewhere
Paper Sundaes - Make a scene
Stamp, Scrap, Doodle - Birthday card
Paper Cutz - Use 3 patterned papers
Prairie Fairy Fridays - Inspiration photo
Raise the Bar - Let it Spring
Res-Q-Challenge - Let's play (this one was really fun - it was a word search and you used the words you found on your card - mine uses: dies, flowers, pattern, spring, square and yellow)
Sew Many Challenges - Use stitching
Stamp Something - Stitch something

27 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW Linda:O) This is gorgeous! Love all the colours, great design.
Have a lovely Tuesday.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Paula said...

Wow i adore this card Linda i just love the image with all those fab flowers and the colours and as always such stunning details.

Paula xxxx

Christine said...

Bright and beautiful!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I really like your card. You certainly have captured Mary Engelbreit's style with the patterns and coloring. I love ME!

Jennifer Scull said...

I have been waiting for this morning since I saw your sneaky peek last night so that I could race over here to comment. you are just brilliant!!!!! I LOVE this! everything about it just rocks the casbah! :)

~Jeri~ said...

Lovely card! The coloring is awesome, stunning detail!

Thanks for joining us at Sew Many Challenges this week!

Unknown said...

Great card- the colors are wonderful together and reminds me of a warm summer day. And of course, I LOVE your stitching: Perfect!!!!!

Angela
SewManyCards

Anita said...

Low how fresh and summery this is, just beautiful. Thanks for stitching along with us at Sew Many Card Challenges.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful vibrant card Linda ! I love the way you've done your digi editing. Sue C x

raindropecho said...

Love the bright colors! Really a card that would make anyone smile!

CarlaKH said...

what a gorgeous creation! So vibrant.. just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Darlene said...

This is so adorable!! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar!

Crystal said...

Wow, love the bright colours, your layout and that fantastic ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Cheri said...

Sew Beautiful,
Thanks for joining SMC’s challenges this week.

HappyCrafter said...

Gorgeous! MEngelbrieght cards have always been a favorite of mine, the beginning of my passion with cards, wish I could emulate her style as well as you have. You did a fabulous job with the colouring and design of this creation. Glad you joined us this week at Paper Sundaes.

kim.mom said...

WOW!!!! Love your style!! This is gorgeous!

Country Mouse said...

Reminds me of Mary Engelbreit! Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

just beautiful! wish I had your computer skills!!

Nicole said...

I know Audrey (ABOVE, Country Mouse) and I agree with her, MARY E indeed!! SUPAH CARD! Glad you joined us at Stamp, Scrap and Doodle Saturdays! Hope to see you again next week! Nicole

Helen Dooley said...

I really like this card. its beautiful! TFS with us at PCC this week.

Queen La Rubba said...

Your card is gorgeous! reminds me of the MAry Inglbright Images. Your colorsa re so bright and lovely coloring! Very gorgeous! Thank you for joining us for this weeks "Prairie Fairy Fun Friday‘s" challenge! I look forward to seeing more of your incredibly Fabulous crafty works in the future!
HUGS
Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
If you haven;t already, I invite you to hop on over and enter in my candy give away!!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Your card is SO BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for playing with us at SSDS this week. I hope you join us again next week! :)

Linda said...

Wow this is a fantastic card! Do you go through a lot of ink when you print DP? It looks wonderful on your card. And your coloring is also fantastic.

Unknown said...

What a beauty Linda! Love the punchy bright colors!

Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

xoxoxo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and the many gorgeous details!

Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

Unknown said...

OMG, this is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at SMC

Bananastamper said...

Fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com