Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chocolate & Pearls














































I wanted to share a scrapbook layout that I made this week. It's very vintage. I love the colors and thought it turned out very nice. I especially love the heart pocket. There is a template on Splitcoast Stampers for it.

I made a ribbon frame card for a challenge on The Next Level last week and loved it so much that I thought it would be a great central element in a scrapbook layout too. But then when I made the pocket heart, I think that became the main focal point. It worked out great to hold the journaling tags. You can journal on the front of the tag or just on the back.

I heat embossed all the photo mats with the SU Flourish background stamp and clear EP. The bottom mats were cut with my Creative Memories cutting system and the Victorian cutting wheel.

Here's the ingredients for this layout:
Paper: main background is K&Co. from the Life's Journey stack, Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky from SU, vellum
Stamps: Inkadinkado for the floral flourishes and SU Filigree, Rubbernecker stamp for the sentiment
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Versamark
Accessories: Spellbinders Tag Dies and Labels 4 for the frame and the little photo corners, Cuttlebug Vintage die, KaiserKraft chocolate pearls, Martha Stewart border punch, Martha Stewart blue/brown ribbon, other ribbon from Jo-Ann's, lace purchased online from Lace Heaven

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Linda!

Your page layouts are so beautiful. Your talents stretch well beyond cards.

Carolyn
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Beautiful Greetings said...

This is gorgeous Linda! I absolutely love it. those are my two favorite colors together. The chocolate and blue just look so nice.

Michelle's Daydreams said...

This is SO gorgeous Linda. :) Love the colors together.

Elaine said...

This is utterly yummy, Linda!

LOUISE said...

Great Scrapbook page Linda, love the colours. Congrats on your Challenge win, and hope you have a good time. Louise x

Tracy said...

Stunning Linda,great layout and congrats once again at joining the design team!!!
hugs
Tracy
xxx

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I don't know what to say other than stunning and more!
You are so inspiring.
hugs xx
Pat

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com