Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dreams






















I have always loved this sentiment: "Dreams come a size too big so we can grow into them." from SU's Happy Harmony set. Add the gorgeous paper from the Bella Rose DSP and a sweet Sarah Kay stamp and you
indeed have a dreamy mixture. I sort of reversed my process of starting a card for this piece. Usually I flip through my paper and select a combination. Those colors then influence the colors I use in my stamping. For some reason, I did this the opposite. Maybe because I am new to this type of outline stamp and to using Copic markers, I decided to color the image first. Then I went looking for DSP with red in it and struck the jackpot with the Bella Rose paper pack.

I had a feeling that this little sweetie was dreaming of being an artist so I went hunting for sentiments that would fit. The small charm says "Follow your heart" while the inside sentiment wishes all dreams to come true. From there, I added the butterflies thinking of the transformation from catapiller to butterfly has to be a dream come true. I added a few ribbons, a handmade flower and glittered, embossed die cut butterflies and think this card really is dream come true!

Because my cards are 5.5x5.5" and thick, it is hard to send them in regular envelope so several months ago I started using small boxes instead of envelopes. The boxes provide a great opportunity to continue the theme of the card with decorations on the front plus a label to write the recipient's name. Slide the box into a bubble envelope and it is ready to mail.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Sarah Kay, Stampin' Up Happy Harmony, Rubbernecker (inside sentiment), On Gossamer Wings
Paper: Whisper White shell, Neenha Solor White for coloring with Copics, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red and Bella Rose DSP.
Ink: Chocolate Chip ink for stamping and Copics for coloring image
Accessories: Various gingham and solid red ribbons, button, brad, jewelry rondell, Cuttlebug, Rectangle, Oval and Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, CB Butterflies die and embossing folders set, red cord from SU, Martha Stewart branch punch, sewing machine















MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

4 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Love the coloring of the image and the papers you picked to coordinate it with!

Anonymous said...

Linda this is one of your prettiest cards yet!!!

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Linda, this is so pretty! I love all the butterflies!

Hope you are doing well!
Sue

maxine said...

fantastic

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com