Saturday, February 21, 2009

Irish Eyes

This has been a busy week and I have only been able to stamp in the evenings so this has not been a very productive week for me. Plus this card is very detailed and took a lot of fiddling around (ha-ha, that's Irish, right - fiddling around). This is based on this week's SCS sketch #SC216. I haven't done a sketch in several weeks so was happy to be able to participate. I saw this ribbon treatment on Becka Feeken's Amazing Paper Grace blog. I don't know where so you will have to search her blog for it and if you haven't seen her blog before, you will be amazed. She is incredibly talented and such an inspiration.

Back to my card, I used the CB Textile embossing folder to emboss the bottom layer of all panels plus some of the accent pieces. The shamrocks were all hand stamped and the stamp had four shamrocks on it. I applied Versamark to only one of the four with the Versamark marker and then clear embossed it. The stitching was done with gold thread. The shamrocks that were micro-beaded were made with the smallest heart punch from Creative Memories. I also hand made the small rosettes out of the satin ribbon. The vintage image was purchased from Digital Daydreams on Ety.

The Irish blessing on the inside panel and the quote on the back panel were from an internet site with free Irish quotes. The gold shamrocks were also hand made by stamping the largest shamrock and gold embossing it. Then each one was trimmed out. For the back panel, I used the Mega Frames Nestabilities and individually stamped each small shamrock to make the pattern. I think the card turned out so pretty. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Card Recipe:

Stamps: Just one little shamrock stamp on the whole card - made by Hippo Heart
Card Stock: Mellow Moss, Handsome Hunter, Very Vanilla
Ink: Handsome Hunter, Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Textile Embossing Folder, Circle Nestabilities, Mega Nestabilities Curves Rectangles, green satin ribbon, Fiskars corner punch, SU corner punch, gold pearls from Michael's, Martha Stewart micro beads, gold thread, digital collage sheet from Digital Daydreams.





1 comment:

Sue McMahon said...

You know how I feel about this card Linda! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com