Thursday, May 26, 2011

New Favorite Color


Hello and welcome!  Thanks for stopping by today to see what I've been up to.  Today I made a card jut for fun.  No design team requirement today - just playing around with some of the fun embellies from my Etsy shop.

I have never been a big fan of the color purple, especially to use for cards that I share on my blog.  I always had trouble getting the right shade in my photos before I dragged my camera manual out and figured out how to change the settings.  But I started using shades of purple with kraft around Easter time and I have really come to enjoy the color palette. I saw a couple of challenges this week for purple/plum and craft which really appealed to me and here is the outcome.   One of the challenges I made this for is CR94FN Color Challenge.  This week's colors are Light Plum, Plum and Kraft.


Had a little fun with crinoline, shabby seam binding, lace, metal and stick pins - all of which can be found in my Etsy shop (and if you don't find what you are looking for, convo me or be patient.  I have big shipments of metals, laces and beads on order to be received in the next week so lots of new pretties will be popping up over there.)


Here's the dets on this one:  I layered a couple of vintage images together using PhotoShop Elements, including adding a mat of gingham digitally and printed it on my home printer.  A BINGO card was made with kraft CS and the Tim Holtz BINGO texture fade, which I roughed up on the edges and applied Vintage Photo distress ink.  I used some sweet white Venise lace and painted it with two shades of plum reinker/water mixes.  I cut some corrugated cardboard with a PTI scallop boarder die and applied some white gesso for a white wash effect, cut another scallop strip from the kraft paper twist and stamped it with the ruler stamp from the Tim Holtz Curiosities set.  Burlap and crinoline cut with the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, crinoline was hand dyed with several different tea dye mixed.  Two lengths of seam binding were dyed  - one with Pale Plum and one with Creamy Caramel reinker/water mixes.  The tiny circle/heart tag is a PTI die as was the Miss You stamp, stamped in Perfect Plum.  Stuck a pretty bronze metal filigree in the corner, topped with a tiny Venise lace rosebud applique that I also painted with plum reinker and water.  Oh, and I also added one of my vintage style stick pins from my Etsy shop for a finishing touch.  

Any questions? I'm always happy to share tools and techniques, just ask away.

Thanks for stopping by today.  And a shout out of welcome to my new followers!  

Challenges:  
ABC Challenge - V is for Violet
Crafts and Me - Gems and Pearls
CASE Study - CASE-ing the work of Sarah Martina Parker
Paper Play Challenges - Blossoms and Blooms
Paper Romance - Distressing
The Stamp Man - Tic, Tac, Toe Challenge - I chose diagonal - stitching, ribbon and die cut

26 comments:

Viv said...

OMG Linda there is so much yumminess on this!!! Gorgeous!! Love the plum colour !!

Will be visiting your store again soon, might wait till you get all your new goodies though.....

Viv xx

Lori said...

Gorgeous, isn't it fun to create just for yourself with no strings attached. The results are so beautiful, I love this purple too!

Sue said...

This is one hell of a constructed card Linda. You would have enjoyed every moment of making it.
Your scalloped cardboard has added so much texture, even though it is almost hidden, you have soft and pretty elements including digital pieces, stitching is there too. It is a card that you would want to keep looking at as you would see something different each time.
Wonderful work, I am sighing at this moment as I would love to be able to match elements as you do o0n your cards.
Smiles:)

Gingerlee said...

Love, love the card. It is beautiful. I received the pins from your Etsy shop today and the pictures do not do them justice. They are beautiful.

Gingerlee said...

P.S. Will this card make it to your Etsy shop? :)

Debgem said...

Such a beautifully shabby chic card - so many really pretty details. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Moz said...

Stunning! Everything about this card is drop dead gorgeous. I too, love the colour combo and using your creation as inspiration, will try it out.
Every visit is a feast for the eyes! Thank you......
Hugz

marsha said...

GORGEOUS Linda! I love the shades of purple - I've just "rediscovered" that color myself! I love your beaded pin and your entire treatment with the burlap and ribbon - so lush! Beautiful card from top to bottom!
Hugs,
Marsha

Cindy said...

I'm in awe - it's fabulous, all the lovely details!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, sweet image, lovely flower, cute tag and great layering of all the border elements!

Lori said...

Wow, really gorgeous, Linda! And all those fun embellies from your Etsy shop are just outstanding! Love all the layers!

Chris said...

This is stunning!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful creation - thanks for the lovely comment you left on the DT post and thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Marjie K said...

So many yummy layers... love it!

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Your card is just beautiful. Great minds think alike is true-I've been in a purple phase also.Haven't had time to email--got my pkg. the other day-just love it all. Thanks

Lisa said...

Wow! That's a fabulous card!!! Love the look. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man this challenge.

Joseline said...

Beautiful card Linda. Love the embellishments you used. Hope you are doing great! Miss you much!!

Linda R. said...

Oh my goodness girly.. This is beautiful.. Full of all the shabby goodness I have come to love from you.. Love those colors..

Hope you have a happy weekend..

Hugs, Linda

Cecelia said...

Hello there;0) This card is gorgeous! I love this! Thank you for joining us this week over at ABC Challenge!

hugs xx
Cecelia B

ps...I have candy over at my blog!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

STUNNING card Linda! Love all the gorgeous embellishments! I'm a sucker for shabby and elegant! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Céline said...

beautiful card and great combo
thanks for sharing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline PPC dt

Aimes said...

Wow! This just oozes that fabulous shabby-chic, vintage style that I admire. Thanks for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love the color combos - beautiful!

Heidi-Mari said...

Oh Wow! This is such a Beautiful card!! I love all the flowers, the soft lace and all the detail!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Paper Play for our Blossoms and Bloom challenge!
Have a lovely grafting Weekend
Heidi-Mari

Andrea Ewen said...

Your cards are both gorgeous, Linda, you certainly have a way with vintage goodness! Love that stick pin on the second card...did you make that? It's FANTASTIC! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

creativchen said...

Dear Linda,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com