Saturday, March 19, 2011

Don't Throw That Away!


Hi friends,

Welcome back for another post for Our Creative Corner.  This week our challenge is to recycle a piece of packaging and use it on your creation.   I am all about reusing, recycling, repurposing so this challenge was right up my alley!  About a year ago, I saved a wonderful tag that came on an organic cotton tee shirt.  It's a light weight canvas and has a hemp string.  I knew I would eventually use it on a project.  Unfortunately, as usual, I covered it all up.


This week we are being sponsored by Doodle Pantry.  Lori is generously offering a $10 gift certificate to our random winner plus she offered a digi to each of the DT members.  I love this strawberry set, which comes colored and not colored.  I like to color it myself, but it's nice to have a pre-colored image when you are in a hurry.  This beautifully drawn set comes with five digi papers, four sentiments and two colored and uncolored images for only $3.25 - what a deal!  Mine was colored by me with Copics.

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope to see you joining us this week with your recycled project.

Challenges Entered:
Sentimental Sundays - Go Green (color or recycle)
Truly Scrumptious - Tag, You're It!
CASE Study - CASE-ing the work of Julie Tilman
Charisma Cardz - To Die For
Res-Q-Challenge - Be a Surgeon (and sew on your card)
Stamp Something - Something Sweet

21 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Morning Linda love the tag and the card that strawberry looks yummy

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hi Linda! I love what you did with your card, and I see the recycled tag popping out from behind your strawberries! Hope you are having a great weekend!

Allison said...

sweet card
thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
AllisonX

Dorcas said...

Awesome project! I really love this!Thanks so much for joining us at SS this week! Have a great week and come back to play!
Hugs,
Dorcas

Dianne said...

Another great card Linda!! Wonderful coloring and layout.

Hugs,
Dianne

lostinpaper said...

What a fab card!

Sue C said...

Fabulous card Linda, the recycled tag fits in perfectly. Sue C x

Judi said...

What a GREAT card! Love it.

Judi x

Linda R. said...

What a great idea. So clever of you to use a recycled tag. This card has such a cheery vibe to it. You just want to smile when you see it....

Hugs, Linda

Vicki B. said...

Oh Linda this is amazing, as is all of your creations!! I sooooo admire your style!!! Your strawberries look good enough to eat!

Beate said...

Linda, your card is beautiful!!!
Hugs and smiles

Netty said...

Beautiful card as ever Linda....I am glad to meet another clothing tag storer.....have a great week, Annette x

Diane Gilbert said...

Linda what I beautiful creation! Love your recycled tag idea!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I always save tags like that too! I love this card! Your shabby style is awesome! Thanks for the great mention of our sponsor too!

Jean Martin said...

WOW Linda! This is a stunner! I caught myself staring at all the details you put in! Great job with this CASE! So glad you could play with us over at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Beverly Montez said...

OMG Linda, I LOVE this card!! (It's my birthday next month-hint hint). It is so bright and cheery. Wonderful!-

Sue Kohler said...

Beautiful paper combination, and sensational colouring on the strawberry!!
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASE study! :)

Denise said...

fabulous! Love the fabric tag! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, this is simply breathtaking! Love absolutely everything about your card this week! Hee! :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Congrats on the Top 3 pick at CASE study. Love all the shabby embellishments on your card. Such a pretty colour scheme!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Congrats on the Top 3 at CASE study this week. Your card is so much fun to look at!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com