Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Vintage Halloween Horror

Good morning and welcome to another week of paper crafting fun with Our Creative Corner.   This week our hostess, Diane Gilbert, has a sketch for us to follow.  As usual, my sample is completely out of line with the other designers, but that's okay with me - LOL.  It's nice to be individualistic.  I really wanted to play in the Shabby Tea Room's vintage Halloween challenge so I combined with with this week's OCC card.  I really hadn't set out to make a horror card, but you know how that mojo sometimes takes us where we never intended to go.  First I went with the paper which reminded me of the candelabra in the STR inspiration pic, then I just had to add that Tim Holtz dripping blood stamp.  So, okay, then I needed an element for the right bottom and decided on a black flower and before I knew it, I was mixing up white acrylic paint and red reinker to splash on the flower under the dripping blood.  Then I stepped back and looked and decided I had created a horror scene...and giggled. 

That thing sticking out from the ripped DP is a bat that I coated with black glitter and stuck on a little hand wound spring - couldn't really get a good pic of it.  Also coated with black glitter is the fleur de lis border die cut on the left edge.  The image was found on the internet on a free vintage site - don't remember where, but I will try to track it down and add a link.  The black flower is handmade and the black brad is SU Build-a-Brad. 


I also decorated the inside with coordinating colors, DP and stamps.  The sentiment ticket is a Tim Holtz stamp and the flourishes is a Verve stamp, actually the same one I used on my OCC card last week.  It's a favorite of mine.  

So now that you've checked out my Our Creative Corner sample, I hope you will stop by the blogs of the rest of the DT.  I know they would appreciate it if you left them a little love. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I really appreciate your support and encouragement.  

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:
The Shabby Tea Room - Vintage Halloween
Wild Orchid Crafts - Stitch It Up
Stamp, Scrap, Doodle - Halloween or Fall
Fussy & Fancy - Halloween
If the Shoe Fits - Distressing
CASE Study:  This week CASing the work of Barbara Anders (worked with her layout/sketch)
CCEE Stampers - Handmade Flowers (aren't all my flowers  handmade these days?)
Meljens - Halloweeny


43 comments:

Cor* said...

HOLY SPOOKILICIOUS!!! This is PERFECT!! The little batman brad is a nice touch, over and above the faux blood dripping all over the place and the spiderweb ribbon!!! This is totally, totally AMAZING!!!

DeeDee said...

This is gorgeous AND creepy - Do believe I'll be following your blog today and every day after!

Wendy J. said...

Fabulous scary vintage horror card, Linda!

Dana Grothaus said...

Wow, that is one spooky card! Those stamps are really cool and I love the pop of red inside ;) Have a great weekend!!!

Oliva said...

Oh my! You're amazing! What a spook-tacular card! So much detail! Love it!

Kristi said...

This card stopped me in my tracks over at the OCC blog. It is just stunning! I am officially in awe!

Andrea C said...

this is GORGEOUS! wow x

Suzi said...

Oh my Giddy Goose!!! how amazing is this. I love love love it!! you are a genius when it comes to design and layout. Amazing card Linda.
Hugs
Suzi x

Sue C said...

How wonderful is this ! That Tim Holtz stamp is just so fantastic. This card makes me think of the Adams Family, Mortisha in particular ! Sue C x

Deanna Cosgrove said...

Hysterical---just love it!

Sue said...

Hello Linda
I would like to introduce myself to your Blog.
I saw your vintage Halloween card and thought it was wonderful,so different, just great.
From today I am a follower.
Smiles:)

Annika said...

You know, when I want to rest my eyes from cutesie-cute overload (to which I myself contribute greatly, I know) I always come here!! Because your designs are so fresh, so fun and so obviously personal and YOU!!!
Now WHY don't I have a blood splatter stamp???!! lol
Keep it going, please, you are sowing much joy!
Hugs
Annika

Pattie said...

Wow - this is great! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room!

Cheryl said...

oh wow this is fantastic just love what you have created here wow hugs cheryl xxxx

Maria Matter said...

oh Linda, this is beyond fabulous! love the dripping blood on your black flower! so creepy and perfect! lol
hugs & blessings!

Sarah Gough said...

Lovely and spooky!

stampdiva said...

This is amazing. Vintage and sooky makes it Spooktacularly Vintage. TFS. Lynne M

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Wow Great card !!

Justine said...

I am so loving this Linda. Great colors and that black webbing stuff, the blood, o my I am going back to sit and study all of your amazing attention to details. LOVE IT

Lynne said...

Oh Wow Linda - I love it!!! its creepy and spooky and absolutely fabulous xx Lynne xx

PapierGirl said...

Oh wow Linda...you have managed to capture the essence of Halloween! Truly a masterpiece! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Denise @ Paper Gems said...

Demonlisious.....is that a WORD???

Wickedly Wonderful, Dark and Dangerous! LOVE IT!

Debbie said...

Oh so spooky, Linda! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

KAT said...

Who would have thought that you could use lace and a flower to make a truly gruesome/awesome halloween card! Fantastic

Roberta Laliberte said...

OH I just love how you did the whole nine yards on this card, inside and out. Fab U lous!

xo

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Howly WOW, girl!! This is one boo-tiful card! I LOVE everything here.... so many scrumptious details :D Thanks so much for playing with us again! xxx

Paddington fan said...

Fantastic Halloween card, love all the details - somehow it seems very drammatic if you know what I mean! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time and good luck! Love Jacky x

Curlybear said...

Hi Linda
Beautiful distressing and background papers its a stunning work of art and I think its Fabulous, thanks for joining us at SC: 104 Distressing challenge, Good luck, Hugs Bridget ;) x. SCSC DT

Anita said...

What a Spook-tacular card! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's this week.

Diane Gilbert said...

Linda this vintage horror card is fabulous! As usual your details are awesome!!

Romaine said...

WoW!!! So amazing- creepy, yet lovely at the same time!

Julia Moss said...

Wow, this has to be one of the best Halloween cards I've seen this year. Great job with the challenge and thanks for joining us at SSDS

debby4000 said...

WOW stunning.
luv
Debby

{Jane} said...

Beautiful distressing

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Tracey said...

wow linda! this is super spooky looking!!! i just love all the special effects you have used on this, makes it just perfectly creepy! Thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits...SCRAP IT!!!

Jane said...

WOW!!!!! I'm speachless, this is soooo fabulous, I love every detail! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane xxx

Marlena Peduzzi said...

What a creative card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs!

Chris said...

Very cool card...looks like it was fun to make! It was so much fun to sponsor CASE study this past week - thanks for playing along!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fabulously spooky card!! LOVE the dripping blood and how it splattered on your GORGEOUS flower!! Thanks for joining our CCEE challenge this week!!

Tineke's hobby said...

this card is gorgeous this is really creepy Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy
Tineke

Helen said...

Wow - this is fabulous!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Bev said...

Absolutely amazing! Thanks for joining us at Wild Orchid Challenge this week x

Kim said...

Linda this is stunning hun! What a FANTASTIC Halloween card! I love all of your details! Congrats on making Top 3 at WOC! We are so glad you have joined in our challenge!
Hugs~ Kim

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com