Saturday, September 25, 2010

Our Creative Corner Color Challenge


Welcome friends!  Today I have a color challenge card for Our Creative Corner to share with you.  Our hostess, Lori Rider, has challenged us to use Crumbcake, Soft Suede, Early Expresso and Marina Mist on our creations.  I don't have Crumbcake, Early Expresso or Marina Mist in my stash yet so I had to improvise a bit.  I hope I came close to the right shades.  I also shaped this card aroud two other challenges I wanted to play in this week - the Mojo Monday sketch and the CASE Study inspiration example. 

This is a pretty simple card.  The back panel, which I hope is close to Early Expresso,  is textured card stock and I ran it through an embossing folder, then sanded it to reveal the white core.  The edges were scissor distressed and inked with Vintage Photo.  The next panel up is digital designer paper and I changed the color in my PSE to approximate Crumbcake.  I also changed the blue in the butterfly DP to get it closer to Marina Mist.  I also spritzed the two top panels with my homemade Vintage Photo glimmer mist.  Gold half pearls and raffia ribbon provided the finishing touches. 

I hope you will stop by Our Creative Corner to see what the other designers have made and hopefully play along with us this week. 

Thanks for stopping by and for all your encouraging comments.

Blessings & hugs,

Challenges Entered:
Mojo Monday - Sketch
CASE Study - Casing the work of Mariana Grigsby
Fun N Funky Challenge - Quote Me Happy
For Fun Challenges - Vintage

26 comments:

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the background and the little butterflies. The blue add just the touch of colour - wonderful.
hugs

nessy said...

stunning card ~ beautifully made ~ amazing creation!
vanessa xx

Chris said...

So elegant!

Wendy J. said...

Linda, the name of your blog isn't showing up on OCC by your card. It's a lovely card with just the touches of blue. I love the small butterflies and the fancy die behind the sentiment.

Lori said...

a true beauty. The pops of blue are fantastic!

Marlis said...

Hello Linda, i like all your cards!!! I love vintage!!!
Hugs Marlis

Payne Holler Cards said...

this is so vintage elegant! love these colors and your blue is divine...gorgeous!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

beautiful and gorgeous colors together.

Donna Moore said...

Hi Linda, sometimes simple can equal elegance and in this case it certainly does. This card is just gorgeous!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving some love, I am honored to have you visit!
hugs
donna

Janette said...

For me, this card has it all, wow it's stunning.xx

Diane Gilbert said...

Simple but BEAUTIFUL!!!! Another gorgeous creation!

Sue C said...

Beautiful Linda, love the little butterflies and the medallion. Sue C x

Sarah Gough said...

Love it Linda, especially that bow!!

Lori said...

Gorgeous card, Linda. Love the brown tones with a touch of blue, really pops the blue.

HappyCrafter said...

This is beautiful! I really like the colour combination, and appreciate your explanation of changing colours in the software etc. Enjoy your weekend!

JaneB said...

Wow!Lovely work! With pleasure I watched the whole blog!

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Another beautiful creation.Love your bow, where do you get that?

maddy hill said...

oh my , stunning card ! love the patterns and love the mat .. gorgeous !
maddy x

Justine said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, hope I can come play with you gals

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Lovely! I'm glad that you chose the colours to be the inspiration for you, instead of the layout and butterfly as most of us did, lol!
Thanks so much for playing with us again!

Aimes said...

What a gorgeous card with a perfect balance of those scrummy colours!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is awesome those colours and papers are divine.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful Linda! Gorgeous design and wonderful pop of color with those blue accents. Just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

Lindsey said...

Oh how beautiful! Love the layout and the brown and blue combo.
Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funky this week
Linds x

CraftinGranny said...

Love the swirls on the card and the sentiment. Beautifully done!
Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week. "Hugs" Carol

Mary Ski said...

Awesome color and design!! Very creative. THanks for sharing with For Fun Challenges

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com