Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Harvest of Friendship


Good morning and welcome to Wednesday's post. Thanks so much for stopping by to see what I have to show you using an Isabella's Sketchbook image. We have a tough challenge for you this week - at least it was a tough one for me - LOL! It's to use scraps - except for your card shell, no paper or card stock can be any larger than 3”x3” (or the equivalent sq. inches – 9) and all embellishments must come from your stash or be made from items on hand - NOTHING NEW. And wow, did I struggle with the scraps. Of course, I already had a design and colors in mind and it took me forever to come up with scraps that would work. Then, as always, I covered them up with my design elements so you can't even see the cute patchwork that I sewed together. I honestly don't know why I spend time on anything except the top layer because when I'm finished, that's all you can ever see! I used Happy Flower by Isabella's Sketchbook for this card. Isn't it gorgeous? I just love sunflowers and am now officially in an autumn state of mind. It was that Christmas card I had to make for Our Creative Corner a couple of weeks ago that did it. I kept resisting all the Christmas in July challenges because I knew once I made a Christmas card, summer would be over for me.

So now I present to you my first autumn card. Besides the sunflowers, I also included that wonderful vintage graphic that I downloaded for free from Clearly Vintage. I think it works perfectly with the Happy Flower image. I found that wonderful sentiment on an Internet site and printed it on my computer. I have a really wonderful friend who just happened to mention to me yesterday that she loves sunflowers so tomorrow I'm going to give this card to her.

While I was tying the bow, I took a couple of pictures of how I did it. I'll be back tomorrow with a very short tutorial on tying this kind of bow.

Card Details:
Products Used:
Paper/CS: Soft Suede and So Saffron CS from SU, scraps from SU's Parisian Summer paper packand Cosmo Cricket's Ever After designer paper. The brown DP is digital paper by Linda Cumberland for Little Scrap Garden. The paper pack was called Coming Home, but I couldn't find it on their site so it is probably discontinued, but she has a lot of other beautiful digi paper.
Samps: Happy Flower digital image by Isabella's Sketchbook. The one tiny flourish at the top of the sentiment panel is a Waltzing Mouse stamp stamped in Close to Cocoa.
Ink: Creamy Caramel and Vintage Photo, image colored with Copics, sentiment and vintage image ,printed on my computer.
Accessories: Spellbinders Label die, pinking sheers, ribbon and button from Jo-Ann's and hemp thread from SU.

So that's a wrap for today folks. Hope you liked today's sample. I certainly appreciate any comments you care to leave. I hope you will take part in our scraps challenge this week. All you need is a Isabella's Image and some scraps - let's see what you can whip up!

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:
Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes, must include sentiment on front
Tuesday Taggers - Sunshine
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Simply Color-ific (use your favorite colors)
Crafty Catz - Buttons and Bows
Craft Your Day Away - Favorite Things (my favorite style is vintage and I love to use beautiful sentiments)
Order of the Opus Gluei - Dog Days of Summer
The Pink Elephant - Summer Fun
Little Red Wagon - Summertime
Wild Orchid Crafts - One for the Girls

28 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card! Love the gold colors in it and your bow is so pretty.

Sian said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the sentiment, beautiful flowers.

Irene said...

Hello Linda

Oh I LOVe your card and every single detail. Such fabulous Autumn colours. Like you I love sunflowers.

luv
irene
xxxx

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful card and I like how you added the flower soft to the image

Cec said...

This is so lush looking. I love the combination of elements and those sunflowers are so beautifully coloured.
Hugs!
Cec

Divinity said...

UR CARD LOOKS AMAZING! i love it!!! especiallly the quote...fabulous! :)

HappyCrafter said...

Another gorgeous creation, and sure do love that bow!

Peri said...

As beautiful as ever Linda! Love the colours, they're so rich - in fact, just love it!
Hugs
Peri x

Viv said...

ooooooh! Love this Linda! Gorgeous colours and make sure you show us how to tie that bow! As for your patchwork, it was worth it, you can still see lots of it! Viv xx

Annika said...

Awwww, Linda, the summer is not over yet. Well, almost. But early autumn is called "old womens summer" back in my home country so all's well. (runs for cover)
And I love what you've done with the sunflowers, never would have thought about using them as elements like that, I mostly operate is "colouring the central image" mode.
And don't you DARE to sell yourself short - your just as talented as the rest of the SSS vintage DT. Your style is unique and individual and gorgeous and that is a lot rarer than doing a certain popular style very well.
Hugs
Annika

Von said...

Wow this is stunning :)
Von

Sally H said...

Totally stunning! Thanks for sharing your sunshine with us at TT this week!

Lindsey said...

Wow! Stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

carol said...

what a fabulous card, love your button and bow.. Thanks for joining in with Crafty Catz this week x carol

Aunty Sue said...

wow linda what a fab project this is more than a card and love visiting you for inspiration. thanks for joining ua t cafty catz.

Ginny said...

GORGEOUS, thanks for joining us at FnF

Sue C said...

Gorgeous card Linda, love how you've used the flower image. Sue C x

Anesha said...

Beautiful card and lovely sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sunflowers and the wonderful sentiment.

Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays “Anything Goes” challenge. Good luck!

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Carla aka scrappypug said...

stunning!

LORi said...

Absolutely perfectly Summer Fun!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing with TPE!!

HUGS - LORi

CAROL said...

This is beautiful, love the stitching on it.x

Jana said...

Gorgeous rich colors. I love them. This is a perfect card for the OPUS GLUEI challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us.

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous love the way your used the ribbon and the sunflowers they are represent the sun thank you for sharing with us at TT this week. xx Zoe

Emma said...

Wow such a beautiful card, just so gorgeous.
Thanks for joining us at CYDA and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk
http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

Hello Funkie Junkie, loving this card all around - beautiful colors, great images, and your embellishments are fantastic. Put 'em all together and wow - simply beautiful! Thank you for your take on our challenge and for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Joanne said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

Mel X said...

Fabulous card, so pretty, love all the detail here.

Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at CYDA. I hope you come back and see us again soon and good luck.

Mel X

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com