Saturday, July 31, 2010

Gettin' on the Bandwagon - Christmas in July


You can run, but you can't hide - LOL. It seems like every challenge has had a Christmas in July theme these past few weeks. I was so NOT in a Christmas mood and have been avoiding every such challenge. But Our Creative Corner finally got me! Our theme this week is, of course, Christmas in July. So I dragged out my stamp inventory binder and leafed through it, looking for something that would get me excited - or at least give me an inkling of an idea of where I wanted to go with this. I decided to ease into the season with something simple. So here's the result - very simple layout - main panel all image - a dash of distressing and a couple of embellies, oh, and of course a bit of stitching. Sort of a simple country Christmas. What do you think? I kind of like it, but am not over the moon about it. I think it's a mellow, laid back card and that's how I feel about it.

Card Details: The stamp set is Peaceful Wishes from SU. Paper - CS is Chocolate Chip and Creamy Caramel, the DP is old stash from Cosmo Cricket Be Good line (LOVE it and have been hoarding for years!), image stamped on watercolor paper with Ranger DI in Pine Needles and Fired Brick, sponged with Creamy Caramel and Vintage Photo DI, snowflakes cut with Spellbinders dies, red hemp twine from SU, lace dyed with Vintage Photo DI, wooden button, ribbon rose and chunky glitter from Jo-Ann's.

So now it's time to check out the samples over at Our Creative Corner and since it's the weekend, why not relax and do some blurfing at the other DTs' blogs.

Wendy JensenDana GrothausDiane GilbertJennifer MeyerJulie LeBlancSarah GoughLori Rider

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Blessings & hugs,
Challenges Entered:
Practical Scrappers - Use 7 or more items (haha, this is my version of CAS and I still have 7+ items)
Alphabet Challenge - N is for Nature
Stamp Something - Christmas in July
Dutch Dare Challenge - Anything Goes
The Creative Cottage - Touchy Feely
Tuesday Taggers - Christmas in July
Wild Orchid Crafts - Lovely Lace
Stamptacular Sunday - Christmas in July
Little Red Wagon - Christmas in July

25 comments:

Suzi said...

Wow!! Linda this is stunning, I love the way you used the sprigs, that lace is yummy and the distressed look is amazing.
Hugs
Suzi x

Sian said...

Beautiful card, love the richness of the colours.

Viv said...

You may not have wanted to do this card Linda, but I for one am SO pleased you did. It's absolutely beautiful! Hugs Viv xxx

Lori Rider said...

This is beautiful, Linda! I know how you feel... I was not geared up for Christmas when I started making my card, but by the end I realized it put me in a really good mood. Your card is so gorgeous - of all the SU sets I've had and sold, this is one of the few I regret not keeping. The vintage look you have here is stunning!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I love it! It does have a country feel to it. Love the splash of green in the middle of all the red. Very, very nice!

Wendy J. said...

Beautiful, Linda! I love that set! Nice color combo and great details! Wonderful vintage feel!

Margreet said...

This is wonderful....a typically Linda-card!
xxx Margreet

Tracy said...

wow this is gorgeous, love the colours and the beautiful design. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous card love your design and use of different elements love this card. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week. xx Zoe

Sue said...

Hi Linda
beautiful card, gorgeous papers & embelies,thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Kim said...

Love the vintage look and all the elements on your card. Gorgeous Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

stephanne said...

Such a wonderful CAS card, lol, I can see how it classifies, actually, you still have plenty going on, rich textutes, gorgeous embellies, but the soft, muted colours and simply stunning image lets that CAS title shine through!! I hope you are enjoying your summer so far!!
Hugs, stephanne

marsha said...

Linda, this is positively lovely!

Hugs, Marsha

Kim said...

Stunning card!!!!I love this Christmas card! Way to rock the Practical Scrappers challenge this week!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

HappyCrafter said...

Lovely card and so many of us like to receive and display laid back cards, no worries with this one. Love the snowflakes you created!

Sue C said...

Beautiful as always Linda. I was trying to avoid dusting off the Christmas stash too, but have been caught as well ! Sue C x

Kim said...

Linda this is absolutely stunning! What a gorgeous card hun! I know isn't it hard to create christmas cards in summer?! :) Beautiful work hun! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Graphicat said...

You are my new stamping hero of the week! This card is STUNNING!
thank you so much for joining us at STamptacular this week!
cheers
Cheri

Kathy said...

I love your attention to detail. Awesome card :)

Erin... said...

wow this is gorgeous!!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamp Something this week!

Joni Parker said...

LOVE this card....love the colors and the vintage feel!! Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!!

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! I love the sprigs. Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Rosanne said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

made by fifi said...

lovely card - love the colours - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Diane Gilbert said...

Linda this is another GORGEOUS creation!! LOVE the embellishments!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com