|From The Funkie Junkie|
This week at Our Creative Corner, our hostess-with-the-Mostest, Lori Rider, has challenged us to make a vintage-style card. Should have been a slam-dunk for me, but of course I had to obsess about it for a couple of days before I got started. I have made several vintage-style cards recently that featured a vintage photo or drawing, so this time I really wanted to use a stamped image. I finally settled on the Daydreaming Angel stamp from Rubber Stampede and the JOY stamp from the SU! set of the same name.
I cut a a piece of Very Vanilla in the shape of a tag and stamped the JOY stamp in Riding Hood Red and Versamark and then clear embossed it for texture. I created a reinforcement with the SU circle punch from a scrap of Riding Hood Red and then threaded a piece of lace through the hole, tied it with red gingham and then added a tiny cameo with a piece of natural hemp. I LOVE making tags, maybe because I can add ribbon. I was purusing some of my recent cards and noticed that I have been using them a lot, so I will try to make this the last one for awhile.
The stars were cut from Very Vanilla covered chipboard with a Szizzix die, then sponged with Tim Holtz Old Paper distress ink. I applied glue very sparingly and sprinkled on chunky glitter. I didn't want a heavy coat of glitter. A strip of Mellow Moss was cut and border punched with the MS snowflake punch and a row of lace was glued to it. The cherub was stamped in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla, colored very lightly with chalks, then sponged first with the Old Paper distress ink and just a bit on the edges with Brushed Corduroy. I applied Versamark and extra heavy clear embossing poweder (SU's Glassy Glaze) for the Cracked Glass technique. I did three coats of the EP and then put the element in the freezer for 30 minutes. When I took it out, I immediately cracked it multiple times and then sponged it with Vintage Photo distress ink to make the cracks darker. I thought I was finished, but at the last minute I dug out a Prima flower that was more burgundy than red. I took a red Copic and changed the color on the edges to red to match the card. Chunky glitter was again applied very sparingly.
Wishing you a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
Update: This card was featured on Card of the Week.